I’m a web designer/developer with an insatiable curiosity for knowledge and my super power is learning. I love working on the design and development of marketing websites. My right brain enjoys the creativity of pushing pixels around on the screen but my left brain loves the structure and organization of architecting and developing websites. I also enjoy the challenge of solving new and complex problems for clients, whether it’s implementing and optimizing marketing automation tools or integrating new technologies. If you’re interested in working with me, send me a message.
- As I mentioned above, I also LOVE to learn. I primarily learn through reading, but I also take a lot of courses and workshops in all different areas: web design, development, writing, theology, philosophy.
- I have been married for 13 years to my best friend Kristin. We have 3 beautiful children: Eleanor, Charlotte, and Gideon.
- I’m also an avid vinyl record collector. My collection spans the decades and I love focusing on collecting the best albums from my favorite genres.
- I am also a musician and have played the guitar for 20+ years. I have played in various bands over the years but my primary musical expression more recently is writing and recording song demos in my home studio.
My Favorite Writing
Recently I have been learning and practicing the art of writing online. Earlier this year I completed a 30 day writing cohort called Ship 30 for 30 and I am currently enrolled in a masterclass on writing called Write of Passage. These are a few of my favorite essays:
I have a BBA in Marketing and I have worked for 15+ years in the corporate world for many different SaaS and technology companies.
- I was once the Webmaster for the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor. I managed over 50 different websites for various departments and organizations.
- I was a visual designer for an ecommerce platform called Volusion. I primarily designed new landing pages and funnels for the marketing website but I also gained a lot of experience designing and A/B testing email and ad campaigns.
- I was also a creative technologist for a company called Spredfast (formerly Mass Relevance). I primarily managed and developed the marketing website, but this company sold a data visualization product for Twitter and social data so I often helped the custom projects team out by creating visualizations for clients.
- I have also worked as a contract web designer and developer for much of the last 15 years. For a stretch of about 4 years, I contracted full-time and created my own LLC/S-Corp business.
- Most recently I have been working as a web designer for a SaaS company called Fleetio where I manage their marketing website. I spend most of my time A/B testing and optimizing marketing funnels for conversion.